The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Friday 4 January 2013

Greetings

"Hi!"
"Good Morning!"
"Hey how'ya doin?"
"How are you doing today?"
"Have a good day!"
"Have a great day!"
"Thank you!"
"Oh! and have a nice day!"
"Enjoy your meal!"
"Sorry for the wait"
"Hi Can I have your order sir?"
"Can I help you?"

These are the greetings that got stuck in my head
Basically, these are the daily sentences for my job, it can get pretty handy
and sometimes, I realize how different it is if you greet someone happily.

During drive-through
Most customers, no matter how pissed off they are during the order process or the wait,
at least 75% of them will smile back, if you smile and greet them extraordinary happy
Basically that's what I do.

Like if I see on the screen they have been in line for a couple minutes,
then I will be prepared with a very happy smile and a very exciting "HI How are you?"
most of the times, they will get a lil' confused,
cause in a way, they should be mad but smiles is contaminative
they will "sub-consciously" be forced to smile back
with that, at least I myself don't get that annoyed.

But then sometimes its law of attraction also la
when the day is crashing down, then you gotta start smiling
because thats the only way to make the situation better for you
If the problem chose to stay, you can always choose to change the attitude!

Working in a Mcdonalds, I wouldn't say its harder than what I expected,
it somehow just fit somewhere around my expectations
at least I didn't go all, "WTF I HAVE TO DO THIS ALSO AR?!!!!"
which is a pretty good part, at least I can just dive into job, without an additional process to talk myself through

Like I said,
For a short period like 3 months, working in mcdonalds is worth going for
It lets you see into the internal control of the globally established franchise
and it lets you be in the most humble position of the whole freaking organization
so humble that even there is an organization chart,
your name is too unnecessary for the chart.
But then again, its is a very good chance for me to study about things
like people, like the various working attitude, like different style of management and the impact
I couldn't help but keep relating my working experience with what I have studied

The colleagues here, vary.
hahahhahaha! I personally do think that is a very true yet fair statement

Everytime you reach the work place,
everyone, LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE ONE, no matter if they have seen you before,
they will automatically says "HI!How are you?" or "Good Morning" or something like that
At first, I was like, "erm.....fine............" and then secretly whispers "Who are you??"
you can call that a culture shock, as minor as it is, it will still be one

but then slowly I learn that,
I start asking "Hey how are you?" to random colleagues too
Some of them who are of extra nice will come up to you and just ask you particularly
Like, "hey, you okay?are you tired?"

There is a colleague named Steve, typical american who have tattoos all over
My guess is that he is 28 years old tops,
turn out, he is a firm 47......48! its 2013 now.
He would come up to you personally and have some random short chat with you
Most of the times, my shift is right after his
He would normally come to me and ask randomly about my days
and then sometimes show me some handy tricks to work his station
and always end our conversation with "you gonna do good! don't worry"

The first time he talked to me, I was still learning to adopt the "friendly" nature of american
Though I really appreciate all those tricks he taught me,
secretly inside, I still whispers "damn awkward, just end."
but then once, then twice, awkwardness got lesser,
and I get easier talking to complete strangers

Like when customers tell me about their days, I used to say,
"oh...that is bad......this is your change and the receipt, that's the order number, they will call it out when its done, and this be the cup for the drinks."

but then now, I will be like,
"Oh really? That's bad! How did it end up like that?"

for me, its quite a significant change

well, to see what I used to have been, "ignorant"
being what I am right now is certainly a huge change
I talk to strangers leh!

and slowly, I am learning to comment positively about what others have said
like when customers say, "I need a large black coffee, its gonna be a rough and long day ahead for me."

Instead of replying, "Okay, your total is $1.06"
I might just say, "well, as long as it will get, its gonna end anyway!"
and then as I give him his food, I might just add, "Good luck for your day!"

again, I know how tiny these greetings are
but for me, it brings no harm,
and you never know if you might just make their days better!

Being in a service industry,
"Making customers feel better" is an embedding duty

that's my belief





tumblr_mfsxcftkJM1rjv16co1_500.jpg (500×749)
















LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...