The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Sunday 20 May 2012

Acceptance is just a click away!

i needed to be reminded of something
so i went to an old movie

this one:
accepted2.jpg (510×755)

i once watched it on saturday-mosquitoes night at my dad's
it stuck in my head since then

it taught me an important value that,
education is something that everyone shares a common belief of wanting to be a better person of themselves

somehow, i think school should be like South Harmon Institute of Technology

learn what you want, free your curiosity, dive into exploration!
go wild! don't hold back!

get a pen, a paper, start dreaming.
its not and should not be a tough question of what you want!

accepted.jpg (485×342)

you see, im kinda have graduated from the college
just im taking tuition classes in the same college
in short, i've graduated, but clearly that's not enough, so im taking extras

time like this, the school and those employer will kinda work on a mutual aim
the school wanna sell its students, the employer wanna buy some students
smell a deal? not quite yet.

like every transaction, buyer always have certain requirements
in this case, it goes by the form of cgpa.

with me whining, you should know where i stand.
an average cgpa.

everyone around me, parents, grandparents, cousins, niece and nephews, neighbors, weird relatives, relatives, teachers, relatives' relatives

EVERYONE!!!!

they keep on creating a fear and making sure it last in you
a fear that says:
OWH?! YOU DONT HAVE GOOD RESULT?! let me tell you what it is implying.
first, you gonna have a shameful life where everyone will be questioning the reason you flunk your studies.
second, you will be a joke among your friends when you get to age of 30 or 40.
third, you're gonna die a drunkard or a drug addict in the ghetto with 5 babies and a wife with cancer if she had not already been an drug addict
forth, you will be humiliated whenever you go and all you can do is whine in a cheap, dark, smelly bar


but is it really that way?
no one cares.

so these employers company, comes into my school, over and over again
like they are so short of employees, promoting their own firm

from all those people promoting, i can't tell true enjoyment
a real workplace should be somewhere full with passions and enthusiasm
none of those people showed that to me

well again, im not shortlisted in the "top student" list
i stood aside, the area of "average students"
people whom you dont have to look for, average people are everywhere


I was never ashamed of my results. never.
its not the best, but hey, throughout four years of studies,
i learnt more than just being an accounting student

i am now good at providing my own opinion
i am now good at being on time
i am now good at designing my own schedule
i am now good at reading people's emotion and sometimes hidden thoughts

though these achievements may seem unrelated to my pay cheque,
but can't i just be happy, and seriously, i think i've become a better person
is that not enough?


in the movie, there is this one guy on the orientation
he says,
"When I got accepted here, it was the first time my parents ever said they are proud of me"

Parents assumingly thought that they only need good results from us
every parents raise their kids hoping they raised the bill gate 2.0, second warren buffet 2.0, or even Albert Einstein 2.0.... which is where the problem lies exactly!

we are not the "2.0" of someone else, we are not supposed to be shadowing other's achievements
we're in fact bound to strike for our own glory

we are who we are, we can't live upon someone else's life because we are all unique

like B said, i'm glad im not one of those Harmons
I am damn proud to be who i am. its too bad that everyone around me seem to judge me the way i looked, no one cares whats underneath my skin nowadays huh? i know im not a wasted kid, i know. looking at those old things in random corners of my rooms reminded me bout what i have been through. i do walked that path. i did not take a short cut. every wound i have on me, it used to bleed and i've bear with the pain. now i stand as a stronger person, knowing what i really want and who i really am

really, this is all that's gonna matters.

i believe in me.
life will throw me challenges
but it took me years of lost to finally settle down and be happy of who i really am
its impossible that i throw this away for a handsome pay cheque.

the truth is that, happy people are not rich.
they are just happy. maybe contented or so, but mostly, happy.

the sky is blue, the grasses are green, i'm alive, all bright smiling.

nothing's gonna change my world
nothing's gonna change my world
nothing's gonna change my world
nothing's gonna change my world
nothing's gonna change my world
nothing's gonna change my world
nothing's gonna change my world
nothing's gonna change my world
-- Across the universe, The Beatles

Om.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...