The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Harmony

still proud of myself

there were some pretty nasty managers in the store i work in, like everywhere else
you know, the kind of manager that bring others together by making themselves a topic to curse on?
yea, we have that here too.

some are really trouble-looking I'd say

but then whatever it is, you gotta do the job to pay the bills

and today, one of the nasty ones, seeing me rushing up and down for the drive thru window,
as it gets slower, and I'm allowed to change a breathe waiting for the fries,
she called my name and say, "K, good job! you're doing great!"
and im like, "really? i don't know...."
there is another manager, the good ones, her then say,"yes you are! they told me it was your first week and I couldn't believe it"

well, i am flattered.
but somehow, i am scared................
i am definitely not the kind who get compliments for what i have done
i am not used to be say, "WOW GOOD JOB"
when i am so-called being confirmed of my effort, it scares me off
like, i don't know what I did right to deserve that.......so how should i keep up with such expectation...

Yaritza gives me lotsa credits, she would say "great job!" "well done" even just me brewing coffee
Lance will always tell others that I have been such a learning sponge

and looking into the mirror, you don't know what you have done right

and that fear inside of you just grow day-by-day because you are still looking for the answer of right or wrong

i don't know, but its quite a good buffer for my future working life..
you gotta learn it somehow somewhere sometime.....no? 

one thing I had learnt today is that,

You don't have to change yourself into someone you are not to deal with somewhat you couldn't agree with. 

Others can always live their life the way the want it, so do you!
Sometimes, you meet really nasty issues where people are being ridiculous,
and it may make you feel like you are the only one who care.
but its okay, only one who care ma only one who care lo! It won't hurt you!

Its better that you be the one you truly are, and owe no explanation to yourself

May the irresponsible and ridiculous rest in peace,
we have to be the way we want, so we don't mess up ourselves

The people way of working and attitude had me think a lot,
its like, "yeah, you can act like that, as long as you still play your roles, but I am willing to do more. You don't have to be me, and I don't have to be you."

Out of my shifts till today, I have skipped plenty of breaks.....
I don't really ask for breaks, and I normally don't have nothing to do during breaks
I'll rest for 10 minutes and feel good to go again...

basically, i hate the break, it slows me down
like you are all in that fighting atmosphere from head to toe, until you break.....
which is like, putting a pause to that fighting spirit and who knows if you're gonna get it back?!

Most colleagues need their breaks,

not me.

and we all exist as the same crew member

its impossible to make everyone the same
as long as we are all doing our job when we're on duty,
then i don't see any problem with that.


that's how you find harmony in contradictions!













LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...