The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Monday 17 December 2012

People who have made my life here easier

ended a straight 16 hour shift
mostly because i like the midnight shift that's why i chose to stay
i get to learn a lot during midnights

and this manager named mohammed is getting on everyone else nerve
he picks on every little things
and he speaks some arabic-french english
can you imagine how mixed up is that?

got new housemates today
4 boys from Chile and expecting a girl from China now

i like culture-collaboration

i've got my shift for the rest of the week
its gonna be 8am shift tomorrow
i wish i can have someone like Yaritza or Lance or Steve with me tomorrow.

Yesterday, i was quiet all the time during day shift
Steve was working the drive-thru at the second window
During slow time, he came up to me randomly and asked me like,
"hey ya doing fine? well you don't have to stress yourself here, its mcdonalds, we get yelled at all the time. I'm new here too! there's a lot to learn actually. and its okay to make mistakes, cause we're humans too. ya know what i mean? they'll have to deal with it, that we make mistakes. that's all, they just need someone to blame on when things go wrong, so you'll be fine. I see you doing a great job over here."

For when you'r all alone in a foreign country, being new to everything,
it does mean a lot when someone tell you like that

For good people like Steve, Yaritza, Lance, Joey, Nathan,
they get me to their station when i don't have any customers
they will supervise me trying on their jobs

Nathan likes listening to music all the time using one of the container as his speaker,
and he is always happy, everything i ask he will be like, "here let me show you, its easy, hehe"

Yaritza is a mother of 2, can pretty much run the store without the manager
She taught me like 80% of my knowledge of mcdonalds,
as well as the handy know-how in it, i like her a lot
she is like a sister that shows me around things

Joey is 20. I can't believe that, I thought he is 26.
He had me guessed his age yesterday, and when i  say 26, he seem flattered.
He says he likes looking older. He taught me drive-thru today.
and he steal my fries all the time

Steve is rather new too he says,
i saw him cracking his head trying to get a car the other reading the classifieds session
and he is nice, always get me into his station and tell me some handy tricks to do that job

Lance, he is 22, which my first guess is 32!
He was like, "WHAT?!!!!!!!COME! I SHOW YOU MY ID! YOU SEE IT RIGHT THERE"
And I looked at him, almost eyes popped up and says, "you are..............my age.........?"
then he says, "just to shock you off a bit more, I got a degree in chemistry, and see what I'm doing right now?"
and others says like, "yeah, what are doing here?"
and he replied, "well i took chemistry because i like to blow off stuffs, but apparently with that degree you are still permitted to blow off everything."

Brian is a rather cool guy, he keep emphasizing that he is better off working alone,
so he says he may not teach very well
but then he is still helpful, trying to get me through peak hours of grills most of time
and he likes to challenge Lance on every single things
they had a fight on what time is it the other day, a fun kind of fight

these are some of the "good people" i have met so far
well one gotta find a way to remember somehow


-Quietly Fantastic-











LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...