The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Thursday 6 February 2014

Hey February

In consistent with my previous posts, this one here is for February.

I have been reading this book, namely ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ by John Green, a couple of weeks ago. I am not a big fan of english storybooks, mainly because I was kept too busy with my chinese storybooks. Sorry to say, I have not met my favourtie english author. NOT YET.

I always believe it is like a MEGA-bliss to find your favourite author. Someone whose thoughts could touch your heart even you are stranger to each other.

One of the quotes from JiuBaDao was that, ‘I wish that this world would be a little bit different because of me. And my entire world, is nothing but your heart.”

Back then, i took this as a love quote. Just a guy who wrote fancy to a girl he likes.

But its always his books that draw me back again and again. I literally visualize all of those characters, and had to revisit them from time to time to make sure they don’t forget me.. or vice versa?


The Book. Right, the book.

‘The Fault in Our Stars’ – John Green.

I started reading it, because I wanted a break from my chinese storybooks.
I have been crying awfully lot, and feeling terribly too much for all those stories.
Meantime, my cousin finished this book and is giving good comments.

She did warn me that its a love story, guy girls love, kissing and stuffs, knowing I’m the last one for a pinky story. I’m at chapter 14 now. This is nowhere near fast considering my speed of reading. I could easily finish any book in 24 hours, even 2 of them. SO this time, I’d say I got it done in a rather smooth pace. I don’t feel the urge to flip to the next page, probably because this isn’t a thriller story, or frankly, because I haven’t reach the climax.

I don’t feel too much for Hazel and Gus. A little bit but not too much. The name ‘Hazel’ in me, has been taken by a character in TVB drama – When Heaven Burns. In me, that is how a Hazel should look like. But this Hazel Grace works too, when I’m reading, I kinda picture her as Emma Robert.

And I guess that is because of Emma starred in the move ‘something kind of funny’?
That character was sick too.

So again, back to the book.

I believe many would grow interest in ‘An Imprial Affection’ as they read the book. So am I. I secretly expectmy cousin to do the searching for the book and so I can read it when I’m done with this one.

I’m at the part where Gus became a grenade too, and Hazel Grace learn that she cannot ‘unlove’ him.

(To think, Hazel Grace resembles the character a lot, but not Hazel. )

Actually, I just like this idea of cannot unlove... which many do not seem to understand.

I have been down and gloomy in life all these while. My cousin was flipping through my instax album the other day, and he started asking, ‘so when was the last time you got a pic before CNY?’

‘Before I got a job, its like I was still alive when I have a job, but then since then my life gone missing, so I only have the one before I work and then pff! CNY.’ Me

My parents or frankly, my whole family, have this idea that I’m stressing myself out. That all these negativity in me is because I couldn’t adapt to this working life. (WHY SHOULD I?!!)

At some point, I do think about it this way too.

Until I read the line, ‘I wouldn’t unlove Augustus Waters, and I didn’t want to!’

‘I couldn’t undream Quietly Fantastic, and I didn’t want to!’ – Thats me yelling.

There are so many of them trying to convince me that this is life, life is about compromising a little here and there.

Uhh, no its not.

Remember that story? That a little kid was in school, answering the question, ‘what do you want to be in future?’. He answered He wanted to be happy. The teacher said he doesn’t understand the question, he said the teacher doesn’t understand life.

You see, I can’t listen to the advice from people that is living the life I don’t want. In short, THEY ARE NOT INSPIRING!

I have seen the vision of my quietly fantastic life. Me, of everybody else, is chosen to see that life. Why is that? BECAUSE ITS GONNA MEAN SOMETHING though I haven’t figure it out yet.

And all this while, I’m looking for ‘next step’..where is next?what is next?
What if the answer is behind me? What  if?!

I never am the one who follow the rules and found the treasure.
I have always been the one who walked a thousand miles and end up as the happiest person lying beside a waterfall.

WATERFALL, I NEED A WATERFALL!






Dear Dad & Mum,

(As much as you don’t read anything here, but I’m still keeping this, just in case. )

I am never the one who goes by the rule. I believe throughout my times with you, you must have that figured already.

Well, then here is what I have to say,

I am vey sorry, that I never go according to your plan, or even my plans. Truth be told, I don’t even have a plan. I have had many chance to blend into the norms, but I never fail to stay out/away. If you put me with the others, you will find me outstanding or, awkward-standing.

I didn’t let myself live up to social norms, so your expectations developed based on social norms will not work on me.

Ask a fish to fly and it will spend it’s life thinking how stupid it is.

I know you have had a hard time in the family because I have always been the surprise failure. I always bring surprises, and shocks too.

Mum, Dad, when I say I don’t like my job, I mean I don’t like my job. Its fine if you want to read that as ‘I-m-too-young-for-serious-job’, I am okay with it. I never let you any chance to get to know me, all along, we have been playing this game called ‘I thought know’.

And it once annoyed me a lot when you say I am like any other newbies who can’t handle working. I have seen my ability, I have seen how far I can go for a job, but if this job ain’t THE ONE, I will not have any interest in pushing myself for it.

I will not tolerate with the idea of ‘Just deal with it’ because it is my life.

I am so very sorry, but this is my life. Its now or never.

Life is a gamble, and I call my own shots.
I might lose or I might win, but the point of gambling is to believe in something 200% that you actually want to bear the cost when expectations go wrong.

That feeling of gamble, priceless.

This is my life, when I reach the end of it, I wouldn’t want to be in such a way where I get down from a bus and walk towards the routine. Instead, I will be the one who jump out of nowhere, probably a roller coaster, looking all messy as if I have been trying to unfix a nuclear bomb.

My life, is a bumpy ride. Not the Ferris wheel, not the carousel, its the fucking age/height/guts-restricted ROLLER COASTER.

I love you, and I tried to live for you.
It just doesn’t work that way.
Sorry.

Yours Kahinnly,
KahInn Lee

*********************************************
So this isn’t the way I exepcted this post to end, but, bye!

Oh well not so quick, few days back my cousin took the book for wrapping. She substituted my usual bookmark with a greeting card she got from her other cousin.

I have been keeping the booking in my working-backpack since forever. I have a bad habit of carrying books around, I love to grasp a second or two for a little time with my books. I just love reading, it let me escape the world.

So this new greeting card bookmark is doing ordinary. Until there is a sudden glimpse of it that reminded me of my english teacher. To real-drill-down-factual, he is a tuition teacher of mine. But he is the one who has brought so much influence in me, not only englishm but in being a person.

He used to encourage reading, like all teachers. Except he did not MAKE us read. Its like he would say, ‘Reading is fun’, what then is up to me to decide. He used to lend us a lot of buddhism books and told us a lot about beliefs. Not religion, BELIEFS.

I always have the idea that his favourite author is John Grisham. He must have said that to me during my 6 years there in that little room. He told us about his garden, his kids, his grandkids, his thoughts, or so. I guess, he is the first person in my life that I approve/let myself to be influenced by.

I still remember that bookshelf, on the right as we enter the room. There are a space where he kept all our homeworks, and another space where he kept all his books. His books are mostly weary, yellowish-old, if you ever happen to see a nice and clean one, it must be new. Like ‘i-bought-it-this-morning new.

On top of our homework, that is this one book he is currently reading. He normally use pieces of note-papers as his book mark. Sometimes, its a piece brutally ripped off from his exercise books. He’d write beautiful sentences from the book on that paper. He told us its a better way to improve your languages...

Oh well, I tried. But you know, its really hard to stop in the middle of a stories.

But now that I saw my own book, where the bookmarks is a greeting card which outgrew the book, it just suddenly brought me back to him.

Those days where I have pile of his homeworks, and that little room that makes me sooooo sleepy at times. Probably because of the greens right outside the window, probably because he is just a peaceful person.....

Probably, it was just the sleepy in me kicking in......

Who knows.


Thank you, Mr. Puvan.
(though I never learnt to spell your name right. I wish you well sir.)






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...