The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Thursday 13 February 2014

長長的路慢慢走

It has been something kind of funny for the weekend right back

I have mentioned about this friend of mine a few times now, but she hardly gets any grand opening.
Aaaannndddd, she is not gonna get it this time.
Considering our friendship totally developed out of the blue, and I have zero interest in faking a ‘she-is-destined-to-be-my-friend’ story

But seriously, it was weird. Even my food friends would wonder, ‘How come you both kept in contact out of everybody else’

Told’ya, weird.

Probably we shared some interests that don’t really work in other group of friends?
Interests like reading, blogging.... those wordy-nerdy stuffs?

To me, one who read should be the last person to be declared nerd.
But oh well, who am I to say anything?

So yeap,this friend, she has this interest too.
She is the one whom I would share most of my after-read thoughts to
Like, those stuffs that I’m really into, those ancient chinese, those china-critics and things like that

Not like she is interested too, but well, we sort of are the kind of people that,
We tend to be interested in whatever we don’t know...

If I’m not mistaken, she has been real deep in the self-enrichment kind of books.
Not my first choice, but I do enjoy listening the summarized version of hers...
And also, sometimes we would suggest some books we thought the other might be interested in

Okay, that’s all
I shall stop here.
Suddenly, I decided to pronounce her book friend.
And i thought that is quite an idea.

So this book friend of mine, she randomly texted me on a morning, last Friday.
I was caught in my usual morning let-me-sleep-another-five-minutes-and-rush-my-ass-off-later routine
She told me she is taking a day off her work and want to spend some good time thinking about herself.

I replied that this is a good idea. (while personally cursing the coward leekahinn wtf why we dont have)

Apparently, I thought I would have to work on that Saturday too.

So then I was at work, manager reviewed my work on the spot,
Everything was so normal.

And then I receive a text from my book friend;

‘I’m in melaka now, see you later?’

I glanced through the screen real quick, brain-lagged for a moment or two

‘damn leekahinn, lets go’
‘eh don’t gila la, we need to work tomorrow la’
‘okay, if we’re not working, we go!’
‘but i need to draft account somemore’
‘NO BUT’
‘spending a sleep weekend in pontian sounds nice too’
‘THAT’S THE ONLY THING YOU DID ALL THESE PASSED MONTHS’
‘but we have to drive all the way....’
‘DUDE PROVE TO ME THAT YOU ARE STILL CAPABLE TO GO UNPLANNED’

....and that is a killer thing to say to me....

So my reply,

‘okay, if I not working tomorrow, i will go’

*******************************************

Call me childish, or whatever, I do think its important for me to prove to myself I am still the one who would grab my phone and purse, hop on the car, and leave for anywhere...

So important.

************************************
So book friend.

I finally reached the motel she lived around 12 am

The name is ‘Motel Sayang-sayang’
I purposely wrote it down, because i want the future leekahinn to remember,
Being a manly man like her, once lived in a motel named ‘sayang-sayang’..

Yes pal, we lived in a hotel with such a name.
A hotel painted in pale yellow and white, and some stick-man couple wall stickers.
Well, on the bright side, its not the pinky kitty one.

But it should be quite a new hotel. Very clean on the inside. But the outlook..erm...normal.

She greeted me with 2 popiah, and a LOOK on my blanket.
Urm, ya, we brought our blanket too..
Dear future me reading this, we/I, love that blanket. So love.

*************************

We had our time chatting a little bit, trying to sort out what to do on Saturday

She sent me a picture on Friday afternoon, there is this cafe stuffed with books and looking all hipster
And i am very interested with the collection of books they’ve got

That is probably the only intinery we had in mind

*******************************

Waking up on Saturday morning was really awesome
I took a quick shower and stay by the window, just looking at people passing by
While digesting the fact that im in freaking melaka

Damn the last time i was here, it should be sometime during 12-year-old.
In short, I WAS STILL A YOUNG BOY

Then time flies, they got the legendary Jonker street and all sort of themed cafe

While i was driving off the highway into the city, the places around me resembles a lot of my memories about Ipoh...
When I am in the city, the narrow streets and old houses resemble the heritage sense of penang

In short, I think melaka is a Frappucino of Ipoh & Penang.


*****************************

We had a tourist walk around melaka on the day,  a quick rest and the stuffed-with-books cafe, and the legendary jonker walk pasar malam..
I had this mega spicy sze chuan noodle, and saw my manager
The manager whom I have to submit a file to on monday

But none of those spoilt the mood

She then brought me to a place right beside a river
We had good time drinking and talking

I thought of writing down whatever we have talked, but maybe not now,
Everything just scatter around my mind, refusing to settle down.

It was a really enjoyable time, probably the easiest 4 hours i have had

Sitting by the river, sipping cold beer, and talk anything out of nowhere...

I realize I do need this...
I do need this from time to time, where I am just leekahinn and nothing else
No deadlines, no anyone to report to, no nothing that can hold me back

At some point when i was talking, i thought i was gonna cry
Just too much feelings in me that is coming out

Then I looked up to the sky, the moon is right above me

I said to myself,

Don’t cry on the best nights for months. Don’t.
We will cry some other day.

We laughed a lot, cheers,
And this ladyboss from the shop said to us,
‘its good to see you old schoolmates coming together again! Hold on to moment like this, it wasn’t easy’

We are at the same stage of life right now, struggling for more
But who knows, some day in the future we gotta move on,
Could be both of us at the same time, or just one of us

But in this big big world, to run into someone like this,
To make such a friend,

I thank god for these.

Sincerely, thanks.

My job sucks, but my life is pretty awesome.

*********

Side effects of short-but-great runaways, it was too short, that you wanna go back for more...
It was too great, that you learn you could have been so much happier than you are at life...

I’m having this post-have-fun syndrome

And one of the symptoms for that is ‘desperation’...

I think I wanna sell stuffs at melaka pasar malam...

Desperate lehhh











LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...