The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Sunday 3 May 2015

Advisory

Long weekend and I spoiled myself with freedom to sleep

Was on the phone with dad last night and he asked if i still remember a year ago we went to get his new car

Then it struck me.
I've transferred to advisory department for a year now.

or is it really just a year?

Just one year, and everything have been so much different.

I've been to Shanghai, Melaka, and even god forsaken Klang.

Somehow, I felt like it has been longer than a year, almost 2 year I'd expect.

Just a year. really?


I figured its important I at least keep these milestones updated here.



I guess, there really is no right or wrong in life.
It just seems right to me because that is what I wanted.


Never have I told anyone, but had I joined advisory before audit,
I might request for a transfer just as well.


Its just, I want it all.
Too ambitious maybe?


I hate for not being contented
but part of me, kept wonder what such would bring me.





These days, I couldn't stop thinking of my reckless days during work and travel
Everything felt so unreal, I hesitated that I really have been in all those photos I have.


Of sudden I wanna talk about my work environment, in general.

Working in an audit firm, seems rather mysterious to many
Probably because an auditor goes out to all kind of company, but you will have to be an auditor to know what its like to be one

I found 2 main traits that are rather... interesting?

  1. You are mostly surrounded by people your age, hence a lot of college/high school drama still lingered
  2. Farewell. Endless.

Most people join audit right off their college. 
With that, I will be in a huge group of people my age.
In contrary to other companies where in a department of 10, there is a distribution of age between 20s to 50s.

In an audit firm, the top notch is always old, only them can afford to be old.
Seriously, if you are 30, its really hard to convince yourself that you are ok with the job/ pay as an associate

Ok, so with that point, you can basically imagine our so-called politics are rather different?
man seriously, I'm not even sure if that politics.
Think about it, we are basically just another school system
where the managers are like our teachers, and we are kids that are dying to get out of here
and yes, we have different group but, nothing as fancy as those politics you can find in a wallstreet movie

And for the farewell.

Oh yes. There is probably a farewell dinner every month.. or even every weeks.
Also because of us being all young, we will celebrate birthdays too

so basically, every month, you will have some pictures up on facebook bidding goodbye to someone
the restaurants could be fancy and got your parents wondering how the hell did you afford those shits
and you probably get to taste the most out of the cakes from nearby bakeries of your office

don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing these for my friend.
A lot of us are from outstation, as in we stay near office or relatives house
In a way, this is a place new to us, and we are far away from home

I like it when we are in a group photo, and everyone is smiling and posing,
it makes the damn truth that we are all pathetic 20s a bit further away

As in, despite all those pathetic-ness, we are still laughing at the face of life


well we still pay our bills, live our dreams and all
just you know, we are auditors
we are under this slavery system that is glamorously disguised as a professional service provider



I'm glad that i have joined this place to meet these people
Because rarely in a work place where you actually have lots of them struggling with you

The struggle you have when you are assigned for "finalization" or "wrap-up"
The struggle that the client is just not cooperating

You can't convey this to non-auditors.
You just can't.
They will never get it.

But to your colleagues, just a smile and they know everything.



I stayed in EYJB because of my fellow colleagues.
So dear god, be kind to them,
if you ever bother to show me a sign, give them better opportunities somewhere else
If they left, I'm not staying either.


I know I'm a mafia by day and night, but sincerely, 
I have never let a day gone by without feeling thankful that I have met you guys.
Not all of you guys. but quite a number of you guys.
For one who would live through college, making only 4 friends, 
you guys meant so much achievement to me.

You probably took me as your colleague, but I took you as a friend.
And as a friend under my definition, I would go the distant for you, any distant.

Its good to have friends like this.
I felt like I'm human again.

not just a work completing machine.
Thanks.

And you guys will always be in my prayers.





(I tried naming you guys but its really hard)
(wtf!)


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...