The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Monday 4 April 2011

green

My sister likes green. She eats capsicum, she rip green leaves off trees as bookmarks, she even tried snatching the traffic light when it turns green. Sometimes, she come into my room, where she found my school books in green cover, she secretly took it and, keep the cover under her bed. ONLY the cover.

One weekend morning where we’re having breakfast in a nearby market, I saw her eying my green coloured bowl of soup. My brother slightly pushed me under table, and before something bad ever happened, I pushed that bowl to her.

Sometimes my brother and I got fed up and tried taking it to my mother. My mothers always say its just kid things, and she promised it will get better.

Well, that was before she kept fresh veggies beneath her for-green-only bed. I read on the newspaper that green is a colour for peace. My brother told me my sister could be the next Adolf Hitler. Only she is nothing on races, she’d call for a war tao paint everyone else green.

My grandma visited last week. She came with a green blouse. I, with my brother picked her up from the bus stop. We lied to her that we wanted to buy her a present, then we got her a new top. fully without green. not even a dot.

We then got home, with my sister playing her used-to-be-pink-but-now-green doll. She is feeding the green doll some…. oh, my text book cover. She greeted and the next second, I think we all saw something ran through her eyes. We double checked ourselves, and grandma. We don’t see anything green…I guess?

Morning the next day, my grandma couldn’t find her jade ear rings.

My mum started feeling the fear which I had for sometime. Maybe ever since I found veggies under my sister’s bed. She discussed with my dad for a therapy session. My dad was shocked that we kept this from him. He wondered if my sister could take it, like therapy session for a 9? He said he needed some space for consideration, and asked us to leave him alone as he does this thinking.

“Sure, but be fast.” said my brother.

He then made himself a cup of coffee, and started thinking where to start from in this matter. He walked upstairs, into my sister’s room. My mum was already in there. She is reading my sister’s diary. My dad was a bit shocked that my mum is doing so, he thought he could still use some privacy. My mum turned and passed my dad the diary. She hid her face into her hands for a second before she left the room.

Dad hold the book and still not sure about whether he should read this. He sat on the bed, with diary still on his hand. Lime wall and ceiling, green table, dark green shelves, yellowish green bed sheets, dolls all in different green roughly painted.

My brother walks in with a guitar on him. He simply plays some random songs. He too take a good look over the room. My father started flipping the diaries. Even the words are in green and not to mention the pages.

My brother is still playing random songs, and my dad is getting a lil annoyed. He is reading a normal daily words of a 9-year-old girl, if minus the green colour part.

He is still annoyed by my brother’s random guitar noise, that he stood up and went for my mother. He turned to my brother and say, get your elder sister and come down to the kitchen. WITHOUT, that guitar.

My father cast for a vote. Then we started searching for therapist details. Dad say this is a to-be-lay-low matter, all we did was go online to check and my mum is fliiping yellow page. My dad called my uncle who works in a hospital. He seem to be in great difficulty trying to make up stories about why he need info about a therapy. He ended up with the same old reason everyone else use, “just asking for my friend you know…bla bla bla”

My brother shifted his laptop to my side. He messaged me through MSN asking what is the main criteria in searching for a therapist. I copied to the question to google and sent him the result link. I don’t know if that’s gonna help.

My mum bookmarked a few pages, and she came by our side, asking for our findings. Right, 2 person googling for the samething comes out the few same answer. Websites more to commercial of some hospital.

My dad hung up his call, and asked my mum, should the therapist be a psychologist or a psychiatrist? We three stunned. Its still weird to imagine I’m sending a 9 year old to a problem-mentally place.

Then my phone rang, my sister. She was at the tuition centre and is ready to go home. My parents then decided, my brother and I will fetch my sister and took her out for fun. Whereby my parents will be at the school, talking to someone.

We brought her to the mall, bought her ice cream, mint icecream. Then we brought her to the bookstore. She is flipping some books about botanical. I sat beside her and then I couldn’t help asking, “sis, what so good about green?”

She is still flipping that book of plants. slowly utter words sound like this “its beautiful”. My brother then came with a pink colour guitar, children ones. He asked her whats so bad about pink? All girls like pink. My sister says, its ugly.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...