The story goes this way:

My photo
We are all so alike yet we are totally different.
人生苦短何必念念不忘

Monday 24 February 2014

The Tipping Point, and me.

I had to took some time off my work today, SPECIFICALLY, NOW.

So the past week and this week, I am assigned for a job that goes by the tagline ‘The job with no tomorrow’ in my office. And, we all know what to expect when your job is locked it since last year. It means someone high above is looking into this engagement since god-knows when.

And I’m with this A2, which is actually a really nice person. Though I have memper-stereotype-kan her to what-i-though-she-would-be. Sorry, I never should have.

And these are not the point. NO.

The reason why I keen-desperately need to write something down is because of the book I accidentally got addicted.

Story start with me tagging along the cousin family to send off the cousin to Koalaland.
It was a whole bunch of people from the family and the awkward element kicks in pretty hard
I reason with the washroom and leave them bunch talking to each other
One of my book-cousin(like book friend, but cousin) tagged along as I shy away from family social
We went to this bookstore in the airport and randomly looking through the shelves

A normal people would not want to buy anything from the airport unless you have to
So i had fun flipping through zodiac signs, horoscope signs kind of books
I hardly read any of these books in english before, so why not?
So piles of this zodiac and horoscope books, i done flipping in like one minute?
I was going to lose interest and want to head over to the children section to look for good old memories
I have this final glance over the pile of current trending books,
And at the very last row of them, a real virtually-dusty corner,
You can probably tell how many people have overlooked that last row, i’d say like 70% of them?
There lies this three books, ‘The Tipping Point’, ‘Blink’, ‘Outliners’.

There is absolutely nothin fancy about the cover.
I know I have been the sight-kind-of-person where i LITERALLY judge a book by its cover INITIALLY. But then, these 3 books, i just randomly stick my hand out and grab’the tipping point’.
The book cover is boring, white and with words. So I grabbed the book, read through the comments and the usual paragraph behind every books. It sounds like 40% interesting from what was on the back of the cover. I looked around and saw my book cousin all ostrich-ing in the fiction shelf, so I thought I’d read something, anything, for she, as per always, takes wayyyyyy longer than average to decide.

I started with the introduction, having no clue on what to expect

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddd,

BAM.

*********************************************
HOW MUCH I MISSED SUCH BAM?!!!

Oh i missed out, the bam is the bam of stumble upon
Like you look across the menu and BAM you saw the love of your tummy

Tha kind of BAM..

The last time i had it, was with JiuBaDao when I read ‘Na Xie Nian wo men yi qi zhui de nv hai’ for the first time..
And that is probably wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back when i was 18 or 19

The BAM!! The BAM!!

Not to say I have not met other OH-MY-GOD-BESTnyaaaa book, but after JiuBaDao, I have been pretty active in searching for new books to read. I know I wont be satisfy by JiuBaDao only, so I have been searching and searching.
Like EnZuo, Like Han Han, Like Guo JingMing, Like LaoTzu, Like GuiGuZi, Like LiBiHua, Like YanGeLing, Like LinXi............. don’t get me started

So other than JiuBaDao, all these writers, I know them before I buy their books. I must have read about them on the internet and grew interests on them and ran off to the bookstore.

But this time, its totally out of the blue.
Its like I read the first page and forgot to stop since.

I told my book cousin that I might have found my favourite english writer.
I started googling about this guy and turn out, his birthday is on 3rd September.
SWEET. BABY. JESUS.

Instead of stumble upon his work, I have a feeling that I actually FOUND his works.
Much like when I first read a book about mind reading back then
I got that book from a bookfair in penang whom I attended with book friend
It was on the hit and so I grab one to try
I thought it will be filled with silly mathematics tricks
And turn out it was exactly how I thought things would have been.

BAM!

Okay so I correct myself, the second BAM being the mind reading book, this is the third bam!

And still its the mighty precious BAM, i am still overwhelmed!

For a reader to find their own BAM, is like a lion from the zoo who finally get to taste human flesh.



I know right, its none other than a



MEGA BAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Only, better.

***********************************
So the book name is ‘The Tipping Point’ by Malcolm Gladwell.
I was really fascinated by the first few pages of examples
And I had to swear I will buy the books to make myself put the books down

And then i did, I went to the mall the next day, eagerly and got a total of 4 malcolm gladwell.

I did some research after, and realize there have been 2 extreme review over the books.

I’m the least kind of person who would really believe in reviews when it comes to my books,
So I am still very happy to have found The Tipping Point.

I wished I could have a good holiday where I curl up under a cozy weather and just read off the time.

Ya, I wished right,...




Okay so that is the BAM, the tipping point where I can’t get rid of until I start reading about it

And I have been slacking through my deary Monday

And if the work turns out to be too fucking rush at the end of the week, its totally karma being sucha bitch getting back to me. OH DAMN FUCK.



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...